GUADEC 2019 - A brief update- 1 min
I attended GUADEC 2019 in Thessaloniki, Greece held in August. It was a great experience this time as this was my second GUADEC (after missing two in a row).
Following were the talks that interested me the most:
- Modernising Linux desktop app development
- Environment friendly GNOME
- Desktop secret management for future
- Introducing user research to non-UXers
- Is Linux desktop really dead?
- About Maintainers and contributors (watched video post-GUADEC)
- Product Metrics and privacy
- Maintaining a Flatpak repository
- Taking out the Garbage
- Designing GNOME Mobile apps
Videos are GUADEC 2019 are available here.
There were many technical and non-technical hallway dicussions with devs who attended that address our day-to-day work and chasing reviews on outstanding merge requests :P During the one hackfest day I attended, the travel committee got together to resolve long standing tickets and discussed future plans to make the travel-request pipeline a bit smoother and faster.
I would like to thank GNOME Foundation for sponsoring my travel. It’s always a pleasure to get together with the community in person.